PES students take the following courses according to the semester they attend:
- Fall Semester: English for Business Purposes
Courses in the fall emphasize building the foundations of advanced language and professional skills through business and economic themes and projects.
- Written Communication in Business (WCB, 10 hours/week)
- Advanced Oral Communication Skills (ACS, 6 hours/week)
- Supervised Field Experience: Professional Networking (SFE 4-6 hours/week)
- Spring Semester: English for Policy and Leadership Development
Courses in the spring develop language skills through units focused on organizational behavior, public policy, and non-profit organizations.
- Professional Applications in Reading and Writing (ARW, 10 hours/week)
- Leadership and Discussion Seminar (LDS, 6 hours/week)
- Supervised Field Experience: Community Engagement (SFE 4-6 hours/week)
Additional Course Options:
Admitted PES particpants who wish to enroll in short-term, evening and weekend business courses offered by Georgetown's School of Continuing Studies can browse course options here. Before enrolling in these courses, participants should consult with PES faculty.