On-campus dormitory housing is available on a limited basis and requires a separate application. Students must apply directly to the housing office and not to the EFL office to get housing.
For information and pictures of the residence halls at Georgetown University, click here.
- A limited number of Georgetown dormitory rooms are available for PES students.
- Apply for on-campus housing by completing the application form in your admission packet.
- Return the housing application to the EFL office.
- If a room is available, the EFL office will notify you with your room assignment and check-in procedure.
General Information About On-Campus Housing
The cost of on-campus housing for one semester ranges from $4,946-6,719. Meals are not included, but meal plan information is available here.
- Students can normally move into their room the day before each program starts and must move out the day after the program ends.
- In addition to the cost of the room, you must also pay a $500 security deposit. It will be refunded to you after your room has been inspected at the end of the semester minus any charges.
- Rooms are assigned on a space available basis. Students cannot choose their room assignment or dormitory building.
- Rooms are double or triple occupancy. Most EFL students will room with other EFL students.
- Rooms are small and simple with a bed, dresser, desk and closet. Students need to bring their own sheets, blankets and towels. There are telephone lines in each room, but students must bring a phone.
- There are no private bathrooms. Toilets and showers are outside the room, in a common bathroom down the hall.
- The dorms close between programs, so students will not be able to stay at those times.