Please read below if you have already been accepted into one of our programs.
You should have received an admissions packet in the mail. It includes:
- Your acceptance letter into the first program you will attend at Georgetown EFL.
- An orientation book with information about our program and living in Washington, D.C.
- An Immunization and Tubuculosis Screening Form - Please see: http://studenthealth.georgetown.edu/medical-care/services/immunization/
- EFL On-Campus Housing Application Instructions (Fall and Spring Intensive Programs only).
- Your form I-20 and SEVIS fee payment form (if you requested to obtain an F-1 student visa)
Planning for Your Arrival
When making travel arrangements, we recommend you arrive several days prior to the start of the program. Students arriving after the first day of the program will be charged a $100.00 late registration fee.
- Start your housing search before you arrive in Washington DC. To begin, read pages 19-28 of your Orientation Book and visit the housing section of the EFL website by clicking here. Plan on arriving a week before the program starts. This gives you time to look for housing if you still need to and to get to know Washington, D.C. and Georgetown before the EFL Orientation begins.
- If you would like to live on-campus in a dormitory during the fall and spring programs and are under 24 years old, submit the housing application included in your Orientation Packet to the EFL Office as soon as you receive it. For summer housing, refer to your admission packet for information on how to apply online.
- Pack all identification and important documents from Georgetown University in your hand luggage. Please refer to the Packing and Pre-Departure Checklist on page 31 of your Orientation Book for a complete list.
- Report promptly to Orientation on the date stated in your admission letter and bring your passport, the Form I-20, and local address information.